Friday, March 20, 2009

Two years ago today...

We boarded a plane bound for China to pick up M. I remember hardly being able to sleep the night before. I was so excited and nervous at the same time. Everything was ready. Everything was packed. Would she like us? Would we recognize her? How big would she be? What would it be like?

The funny thing is, just like when I gave birth to K and S. It was like time stood still for our trip to China. I feel as though I can close my eyes now, two years later, and be right there.

I was worried about bonding too. Would she feel like ours?

And she did. It was more instant than with my first two. They handed her to me. She cried for 20 seconds or so. I snuggled her close and hummed a low monotone sound and she stopped and laid her head on my shoulder, grasped me with her little hands and snuggled into me. I knew right then that she was our daughter. She was home.

No comments: