Monday, June 9, 2008

A Cause to Believe In

A good friend of mine over at www.alegacyofhope.blogspot.com lost her mom last year to pancreatic cancer and I too have lost a family member to the same kind of cancer. The cancer of years gone by, when just the very word was a death sentence, is not the cancer of today. Luckily, many times a diagnosis of cancer today is not a death sentence as evidenced by my own mom who has twice been diagnosed with uterine cancer and twice come out a survivor. Her odds of long-term survival are greater than 90%. But even as I heard those odds with my own mom, I wondered about the other 10%. Worse yet, there are still cancers that are a certain death sentence. Pancreatic cancer is one of those. By the time people have symptoms, it is too late and they are lucky to live another year.

Please visit www.pancan.org to read more.

1 comment:

Ashley and Mike said...

Thanks for the sweet post You are such a great friend!