Friday, January 9, 2009

Our Little Miracle - Part One

Well, I have some miraculous news to share, but first I feel like I need to give some background info, so here goes:



A year ago, after M had finished what we thought would be her last surgery, I stumbled across this video on the internet. I don't even remember how I ended up watching it, but I was deeply moved. I found blogs for other families with the same diagnosis or for other diagnosis that were incompatible with life. What I found was a community of expectant parents praying for miracles, or at the very least for their children to be born alive so that they could spend some time with them. The outcomes varied. Some lived only minutes, or hours, or days. Some lived months. One survives still despite his parents being told he could not survive outside the womb. One was healed completely. The common denominator in these families was their thankfulness for the opportunity to bring these children into the world, even though they knew the odds were overwhelming that they would not survive. Through this time, I found CF Husband and Bring The Rain, which are two amazing and humbling sites. I've seen God work some major miracles through CF Husband and Susannah. All in all, I've come to realize that to have children who are here and healthy is a tremendous blessing.

You may remember this post where I touched on this subject when M's infection was so bad. At this point, I just accepted that this was God's plan and more importantly that God had formed M when she was in her mother's womb and he knew she would have a cleft palate and if he took care of these other families with such large needs and life threatening issues, surely he would take care of M. Things were better than before the surgery and if it took more surgeries, that was okay. I knew God would take care of us and show us the way. So, at that point, I just gave the whole thing over to God and trusted him that he would heal her in whatever way he saw fit to do so, and that was okay. I prepared myself for the visit with the infectious disease doctor and for further surgeries and I was okay with it.

But sometimes, when you let go of something and truly trust God he has other plans...really good plans...

1 comment:

Ohilda said...

Oh my! I'm hanging on waiting for Part II. My New Year's "resolution" is just that, to let God do His job.

I'll definitely check in soon.

God bless...

Ohilda