Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Update

Well, after nearly convincing myself that I was totally overreacting, this morning M wanted to eat a banana really bad, but it hurt her mouth so bad she cried. I looked at her mouth and saw more yellow/brown and a hole. I called the surgeon's office and they fit me in right away. He looked and said the repair is coming apart. All is not lost yet, the hole is about 1 inch in diameter and it may end up healing closed anyway. But, it is not what he wants to see. He gave us an antibiotic rinse for M to swish with and spit out 3 times a day. Surprisingly, she is really good with the spitting instead of swallowing.

I am praying that God will hold her palate together. I don't want her to have to go through more surgery. She is so much better off than many of the kids we saw at the hospital. We were in a semi-private room with a girl who was 5 years old and got a heart transplant last December. She nearly went into rejection and had been in the hospital since September. If M's palate breaks down, it's not life-threatening. It's just heartbreaking to see her have to go through all this pain for naught.

Please, please, please keep praying for us. We really need it!

2 comments:

Ashley and Mike said...

\Amy, I am praying and I wish I was there for you guys. My cell is broken so I cannot get your numbers. Can you get calls? If so please email me your cell so I can call you tomorrow. Give Meili a kiss from us. Give yourself a big hug...sounds like you need it and wish I could be there to give it.

Stefanie said...

I am so sorry to hear her repair is coming apart! I hope it heals together and quickly!!