Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wednesday Update

Today was much better than yesterday. M woke up more like the M we all know and love. The back of her throat still has a yellowish appearance around the sutures, but at least it's not oozing yellow goo anymore. She ate 2 small bowls of french onion soup sans the onions. She drank quite a bit of apple juice. We did have an unfortunate throwing up incident in the morning, but only one. She is still sleeping a lot, but she is up more and playing and giggling when she is up. I think we may have turned a corner.

BTW, our surgeon actually emailed us! He gave me his card Monday and asked me to email him to update him on M. I sent him an email Tuesday and he responded today with a request for another update. He has been a really awesome doctor. I can tell he really cares about M. He said if her palate falls apart, he will lose sleep over it. I am totally in awe of the doctors who dedicate their lives to helping kids. It is their calling in life and you can tell.

Well, more later. Peace out:)

No comments: