Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 1 - Dear Lord

Today's prayer was from our Pastor. It was a prayer that our church would rise up and be a city on a hill, shining as a beacon to our community. We pray that we will have a "fearless faith" and live our lives with "selfless abandon".

This was kind of a general thank you God, help us to be what you want us to be and keep us from being led astray prayer. What a great start. It is exciting to set out on a journey. I'm always filled with anticipation. I kind of feel the same way about this month. I am excited to see what God can do in my life, but more than that, in the life of our church, our nation, and our world.

This morning on my way into work, I heard the morning personality on the Christian radio station I was listening to talking about how she was looking at what the bible had to say about prayer and fasting as she prepared for Easter. Then, the same station played the song, "City on Our Knees" by tobyMac, which is currently one of my favorite songs and talks about being a city on our knees now, not tomorrow or next week or next year. It is amazing sometimes how God sends confirmation to you of what He is trying to say. I pray today that we can all be like a city on a hill, a beacon to our corner of the world, shining God's love with abandon.

No comments: