Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 5 - Unity within the Church Body

Okay, I have to admit that just the title of this one made me cringe a little. I sometimes (okay oftentimes) struggle with unity. I know we're all on the same team in the church and we should be working together, but I have to admit that sometimes I struggle with not tearing other folks down to make me feel better. When God seems to be blessing someone else more, or giving them an opportunity in ministry that I wish I could have, it is easy to lose sight of the fact that we have a common goal and God just might know what He's doing and doesn't really need my take on who He should use to accomplish His goals.

I pray for God to protect and grow the unity of His church and help me keep sight of the real reason I'm there. I also pray that I would be open to where God wants me and not where I want me.

No comments: