Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 4 - Missionaries

Today was about praying for missionaries. My first thought was a prayer of thanksgiving that God had not called me to a mission field:), but on a more serious note, prayer is what most missionaries want more than anything else we can give them. There is a couple from our church who just went to Ethiopia for in January to begin serving God there. They sort of know exactly one other family in the whole country. Can you imagine? I just moved to another region of the U.S. and I know I felt culture shock and homesickness. I can see why they might appreciate prayer. Also, it pointed out that in Ephesians 6:19, right in the middle of Paul telling everyone how important prayer is, he stopped and asked God to help him to be a better witness right where he was. Can I really pray for God to protect and provide for a missionary if I don't believe He can do the same thing for me? Whoa! Talk about a faith check.

I pray for God to give me opportunities to share my faith and especially keep me from getting in the way of God's work by saying something I shouldn't or having a bad attitude. And I do pray for God to protect missionaries all over the world and give them boldness and encouragement and help them not to feel lonely...and help me not to mess up what He's trying to do through anybody else too!:)

No comments: