Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 2- Revival - Spiritual Awakening

Today was about the Great Awakenings experienced in America, Wales and northern England. What a powerful move of God. How amazing it must have been. The prayer today is that God will reveal to me how to seek His face, that our church will become a 2 Chronicles 7:14 church - If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land - and that America would experience a 3rd Great Awakening.

I think I have the most trouble with the "humble themselves" part. I always seem to think my plans are so good and so thought out that God should just jump on my bandwagon. Instead, I am to humble myself and remember that He is the first, the last, the beginning and the end and I don't have much on my pedigree compared to Him. Who am I to think my plans are better than His or He just hasn't thought about how everything will affect me?

As I read this passage today, I couldn't help but think of the song "Great Awakening" by 4Him, that says "these are the days of the great awakening." Do you think? Could it be? That sure would be awesome!

No comments: